It is so strange how my attitude about life in general has changed in 3 months. I can’t get over it. Freaks me out, man.
Posts tagged personal.
…because sometimes, being a cheer spectator is just as fun as being a cheerleader.
Since I don’t have a real blog anymore I thought I’d give a little update on my life (thus far) in 2013 - -
I’m actually losing weight. And working out. And loving it. Shocked as shit. One month in and I’m down 30 lbs. Still have a long road ahead of me, but I’m really pleased with my progress so far. A big motivator is the promised airfare for my Europe trip once I reach my final goal. The Eiffel Tower ; a HUGE motivational tool ;)
I’m the soon-to-be proud owner of a Canon Rebel T3i. I pick it up Friday and I can. not. wait. I’ve got BIG plans for this baby. Now, I’m saving for a MacBook Pro, graphic pad, and a few photo editing programs that cost more than some pay for a mortgage.
I’m really looking forward to what the rest of this year brings. I’m motivated, determined, and looking forward to each day. Life is turning around and I couldn’t be more excited :)
“For last year’s words belong to last year’s language And next year’s words await another voice.” - T.S Eliot
I’m keeping most of my “resolutions” to myself, however, I have a few overall goals for the year that I thought I’d share ; eating cleaner, moving more, exploring (both inside and out), and peace. 2012 was not my best year for numerous reasons not worth going into, but it was also the year that gave me much clarity ; about myself and the world around me. I have high hopes + expectations for ‘13…let’s do this!
Haven’t done this in awhile so…..
- I was thinking about my old MySpace blogs the other day for some reason. They were really dumb and random, but I kinda wish I could read them now. I bet I’d laugh. Because we all know how funny I think I am.
- Speaking of MySpace era things, I’ve been listening to The Killers a lot recently. Again. I was pretty obsessed with them in 2004-2008ish and lately I can’t get enough. One of my all-time favorite bands. By far.
- I’m not really all that excited for Christmas this year. Mostly because I have a lot of other stuff going on right now and it’s just kinda making it hard to get into the spirit. Regardless, this is the first Christmas in like six years where I won’t have to travel Christmas morning, so yea, that’s nice.
- I am OBSESSED with “Elementary”. Such a good show. Jonny Lee Miller is so great as Sherlock. But then again, I know nothing about Sherlock and I’ve loved JLM since high school, so I’m a bit biased. Yes.
- My dad has mentioned “investing” in my photography. This makes me both excited and wanna cry. So much faith and love in that man. He’s the best. For real.
- My Yorkie-man Brooklyn Joe is turning 12 this month. HOLY CRAP. MY DOG IS OLD. It’s okay though, he still looks like a puppy and that’s all that matters. Right?!?
Town Hall Meeting @ Capital University - 2.29.12
Sorry for the iPhone quality photos. You guys, I shook his hand. The SS rushed him off kinda fast so my photo op was not happening. Sad face. Hoping I can attend another event soon.
Nothing but a bunch of whiny ass people arguing. Apparently one (or some) of them took money from the GA fund and used it to buy crap and look at Internet porn. When I attended an Occupy event in October I witnessed this whining first hand. It was pretty much at that moment that my initial thoughts about the whole thing were cemented. I’m not knocking the entire movement. It’s just not something I see as productive. I don’t see how arguing via Facebook about smoking pot in a tent is changing the world. Call me crazy but come on guys, the poof is in the putting see….
(taken from the OC Facebook page)
I’m sure there are those who truly want change and progress but for fucks sakes, you look like a bunch of babies.
- Judging from the Bengals
blanket with sleevessnuggie, throw with cupcakes on it, SmarTouch gloves, warm socks + slippers I got people are tired of me bitching about being cold. Speaking of being cold, it was like 49 degrees on Xmas day. Seriously.
- My nieces made out this year. Per usual. Hailee got a laptop + a Nook Color (among other things), while Darcy received like 3.5 billion Monster High dolls. And we all thought my siblings and I were spoiled ;-)
- I made cake batter blondies for our Xmas eve party. AMAZING.
- Josh told me about Temple Run + now I can’t stop playing even though I suck.
- I listened to Coldplay Radio on Pandora for 75% of the trip to the ‘Mo. The remaining 25% was spent laughing at some old Mad TV sketch that my mom used to love.
- Not done yet, Xmas tomorrow night with my dad.
- BASKETBALL IS BAAAAACK!!!!
- Did you see Jerome Simpson? He made Kerri Strug proud. Seriously.
You know how everyone does these “What I’m thankful for..” blogs, status updates, etc. and it’s all about their family, job, or something. Well, that’s nice and all and I totally am thankful for those things but here’s the list of (non-generic) things I’m really thankful for:
- Netflix, HBOgo + my DVR without you I would probably have a life…oh wait.
- My wonderful sense of humor which makes me able to laugh at everything. And I do mean everything.
- The internet for providing me with those things that which I laugh at. And for providing me with endless hours of entertainment. And for my internet friends. And Tumblr. And Twitter, for it is awesome to have a place to vent in 140 characters (or less) about shit that no one really cares about. And Wikipedia for allowing me to indulge my need for look up random things like serial killers and discontinued fast food items. Oh, and Facebook for making me feel so much better about myself.
- Pizza, oatmeal w/ banana+walnuts + Haribo gummi bears for being the only things I really enjoy eating.
- My new iPhone, because it is awesome to be able to watch Netflix while laying in my bed.
- Football for being the best sport ever.
- My hair for finally starting to grow again.
Now grow faster bitch.
- My collection of celebrity boyfriends.
Just had the biggest airhead/oh boy moment: Google image search of “dinosaurs”, I say out loud to myself, “No, not drawings of dinosaurs, real pictures”
Not. Even. Shitting. You.
- People who over share via social media, public places, life. This includes the people who so overtly share their political opinions with dramatic flair…
- Why it is SO hard for certain people to text back when the ones you don’t really want to text you back do so quickly…
- Why my dog has to go out 987 times a day for approx 3 seconds each time…
- Why I never really listened to Coldplay “back in the day” + I’m thoroughly obsessed with them now…
- Why Adobe software is SO expensive…
*Never doesn’t really mean “never”…just right now. Or foreseeable future.